Friday, April 23, 2010

Your Mind is in My Fist - Bipolar, Part III.

You're late! Naughty.
Man, a person randomly falling through the rabbit hole and ending up on this blog might think I'm obsessed with bipolar, or something. Well, I'm not... I swear...

Something I've not really commented upon yet is how bipolar seems to be disgustingly overdiagnosed - people who have any kind of mood swings automatically assume (or are incorrectly diagnosed as being) bipolar, and this is simply a terrible, terrible thing. It's almost as if misdiagnosis or mis-assumption is becoming a fad - a baffling amount of people attribute their fickleness or mood variations to bipolar. A vast majority of these people need to get taken out back and shot with a moose, I say! The fad it's becoming is doing two things: One, it's maybe making it more common and less stigmatic; Two, it's giving people the wrong treatment, ideas, and excuses; Three, it proves that not every "mental health professional" or "mental health quiz" know what they're talking about.

I have proof (in some form) for the third point: It lies here. I'll finish my rambling later.
You've got a very important date!

No comments:

Post a Comment