Monday, March 1, 2010

This is where the title goes.

I'm feeling really interested in becoming a psychologist. I don't know what... kind, though.
Being an art therapist might be neat. Or a clinical psychologist.
But I don't know if I have enough self-confidence in order to do either of these things. Nor do I have money - I'd almost have to go to grad school to be able to actually work in my profession, wouldn't I?
I'd ask what you think, but I don't know if anyone really pays attention to my quaint, little blog. Hahaha...

2 comments:

  1. I pay attention Mr. Flaig! An art therapist sounds amazing...and don't kid yourself, of course you have the self-confidence to achieve this...as for grad school, you're right. In order to actually work in the field you would most likely need at least a Masters degree... Money on the other hand grows on trees...okay well it doesn't, but there are so many great financial resources that exist...continuing education (I would argue) is one of our nation's values...many banks and financial institutions offer student loans at very low interest rates...and the best part is you don't have to pay them back until you have graduated from college!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Dubs. :D
    I talked with Mrs. Boyle yesterday, actually, and she told me that to actually practice in any type of psychology, I'd need a Masters. I'm looking into schools in Wisconsin that offer good programs - I don't want to stray too far from this quaint little village.
    I think art therapy or clinical psychology are what I like the most/best/most bestest. At the same time, though, it'd be freakin' awesome to actually be some sort of researcher. Maybe I could discover some new mechanisms.
    I wish money grew directly on trees. But at the same time, that would suck, because it'd get eaten by animals. Especially dinosaurs and giraffes.

    ReplyDelete