I went into this semester not quite sure what to expect - I'd never, before now, taken part of an AP course. The format of the class isn't quite what I expected, but that's to be expected, isn't? I like how "technologically" advanced this class is seeming to be, but I'm not sure if I like it quite yet. It's definitely something I'll have to be used to.
The class itself is good, so far. I really like the textbook - it has a lot of information, but it's stated and conveyed in a way that doesn't put me to sleep after the first page. The author seemed to include his own comments, which is actually pretty nice. It adds some wit to the book, I'd say. And the pictures and vocabulary sections in the margins are nice, too.
I felt rather strange about doing the quiz online like that. I'm used to shaving trees when I take tests. It's fine that it was online, though, since I'm running low on shaving cream. I didn't get the best score - 22 out of 30 - but now I have expectations as to how thorough tests will be. I read all the information, but I guess I didn't retain all of it. I have no doubt that actually taking notes helped, though.
I'm looking forward to the "Interview with a Corpse"... because I'm working on my own, and my subject is Mary Calkins. I'm not afraid to make a fool of myself, especially for a hopefully good grade. This will, however, be the only time I will ever wear a wig. I might be able to get a friend of mine to mess with "Mary"'s voice so it sounds more woman-ly [Feminine? Womanish? What adjective goes here?]. I'm planning on doing a lot of cuts.
I ponder about what we learn sometimes. If I come up with anything good, I'll post it. Or something.
No comments:
Post a Comment